Job opening: Account Executive
Don’t like sitting in an office all day and still want to be out a lot? We just might have got the thing for you, keep reading!
Our agency needs a little help in producing successful campaigns for our clients. As an account executive, you’ll act as an important link between the agency and its clients. In this job, you'll be striving to understand your client's goals, and then organise the agency's creative and administrative staff to help them produce effective campaigns.
So, what will I actually be doing?
- Meeting clients to discuss their needs
- Working with account managers to devise a campaign that meets the client's brief and budget
- Presenting campaign ideas and costings to clients
- Briefing the creative team who will produce the concepts
- Negotiating with clients, solving any problems and making sure deadlines are met
- Checking and reporting on the activation’s progress
- Keeping in contact with the client at all stages of the campaign
- Managing the account's budget and invoicing the client
- Making 'pitches' to win new business
- Working at festivals as a supervisor for all marketing activations
- Briefing our field force for brand activations
Is there study involved?
You need some particular qualifications to become an account executive. Any degree will do, but you may have an advantage with one of the following:
- Statistics or operational research
- Communication and media studies
- Business or management
- T-Rex training degree
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
To be a successful account executive you'll need:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good 'people skills', for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- A willingness to work long hours, often under pressure
- A professional manner
- French and Dutch speaking experience
- Good business sense and the ability to work to budgets
- 2-3 years experience in a marketing or advertising context
What’s the next step?
- You contact us via mail with your CV and motivation
- Our HR responsible contacts you for a first meeting
- After the HR talk, we bring you into contact with someone of the team for a second meeting
- Our people call your people with the good news
- We do the rest of the paperwork